Hello friends, today I want to bring you something that I’ve compiled over the last few days. As you all know, we are in the business of travel, and we are always bringing you interesting articles that are related to travel.
Here are some of the most eccentric laws governing sex from various countries around the world.
Although most are laws that are not used, some for reasons unknown, are still in place. Some are stupid, some are funny, but all real. Since we are in the travel business, we must take them into account in all of our travels.
Let’s start by ours..
All over the world, including right here in the good ‘all U.S. Of America, laws about sex and sexuality defy explanation. Here are a few prime examples of their meddling ways.
- In Rombach, Virginia it is illegal for people to have sex with the lights on. I’m pretty sure the jail population would skyrocket if they were actually enforcing this one!
- A law in Washington State declares that it is against the law for anyone to have sex with a virgin. Technically, that would even include their spouse on the wedding night. How is anyone ever supposed to get their V card taken?
- Our Nation’s Capital, Washington, D.C., the only legal sexual position is the missionary position. Leave it to the government to make sex as boring as possible, right?
- In Florida, the Sunshine State, Oral sex is illegal. Say WHAT???
- Also in Florida, Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal. I agree with this one.
- In Bozeman, Montana there is a law that bans all sexual activity between members of the opposite sex, in the front yard, after sundown – if they are nude. Does that mean if you’re gay and it’s daytime that it’s game on?
- Alexandria, Minnesota, No man is allowed to make love to his wife with the smell of garlic, onions or sardines on his breath in. A little crazy, but can’t really say we disagree!
- In Arizona, You may not have more than two dildos in a house. Oops, sorry ladies.
- Minnesota, It is illegal to sleep naked. Excuse me!!
- In Minnesota, It is against the law for a man to have sex with a live fish. Does that mean it’s okay for women?
- Iowa, Kisses may last for no more than five minutes.
- Mississippi, It’s illegal to teach others what polygamy is. Adultery or premarital sex results in a fine of $500 or 6 months in prison.
- New Mexico, Nudity is allowed as long as the genitals and female nipples are covered.
Let’s see how the rest of the world is doing with sex laws…
- In the Middle East. -There is a law in the middle east that states “after having sexual relations with a lamb, it is a mortal sin to eat its flesh.” Do you think there is some mother out there who has to tell her kids “sorry guys, we WERE going to have lamb chops, but dad got a little frisky” Eeeewww…
- Indonesia. Masturbation is a big no-no in Indonesia – the penalty for it is decapitation. I guess the Blue Boutique wouldn’t last long there.
- Hong Kong.- A betrayed wife in Hong Kong is legally allowed to kill her husband when he cheats on her, but must do so with only her bare hands. You know what they say about a woman scorned, right?
- In Limon, Costa Rica both adulterous parties are in for real trouble – they are both subject to being beaten and then drowned. Doesn’t seem worth that lusty affair, does it?
- Liverpool, England, A Saleswomen can be topless while they are selling you things – but only at a fish store. Hmm, well at least they wouldn’t get their shirts wet reaching into those tanks all day.
- In London, it’s illegal to have sex on a parked motorcycle.
- In Lebanon, men are legally allowed to have sex with animals, but the animals must be female. Having sexual relations with a male animal is punishable by death. (Like that makes sense)
- Bahrain: Is a small Middle Eastern Island country in the Persian Gulf. On the island of Bahrain, there is a law that governs the way in which male doctors may interact with female patients. While a male doctor may legally perform examinations on a female and legally examine a female’s genitals, a male doctor is not legally allowed to actually look directly at the female patient’s genitals during a physical exam (Do they look different reversed?)
- In Guam. There are men whose full-time job is to travel the countryside and deflower young virgins, who pay them for the privilege of having sex for the first time. Reason: under Guam law, it is expressly forbidden for virgins to marry. (Let’s just think for a minute; is there any job anywhere else in the world that even comes close to this?)
- In Cali, Colombia, a woman may only have sex with her husband, and the first time this happens, her mother must be in the room to witness the act.
- In Santa Cruz, Bolivia, it is illegal for a man to have sex with a woman and her daughter at the same time. (I presume this was a big enough problem that they had to pass this law?).
- Sweden: prostitution is illegal; But it is legal to use the prostitution service.
- Indonesia: The penalty for masturbation in Indonesia is decapitation. Ayyyyy
- In Dubai, any sort of public display of affection, even the slightest kiss on the cheek, can result in ten days of jail time for each person involved in the act. If you’re caught intoxicated while being affectionate in public, you could face up to a year in prison.
In some countries, sex and the people you have it with are highly regulated and can come with some pretty stiff consequences. Be glad you don’t live in one of these places!
And of course, there are just those laws out there that are completely ridiculous. Remember, In this list you will find “surreal” laws that remain today in different parts of the world. These guidelines were issued in past times in response to the needs of the societies of those times and since they were not repealed, have survived to this day. Although they remain officially in force, it is obvious that already are not carried into practice the vast majority of them due to the impossibility of framing them in the current social context, although as always there are exceptions. Makes you wonder if somebody was drunk the day they made up these ones.
Do you know any other law that should be in this list?
Share it with us.
YOU’LL LOVE WHERE WE TAKE YOU…AND HOW
River of Passion ||- Sexy, European, Swinging and Fun!
Join us as we embark on a cruise of a lifetime through some wonderful European cultural hotspots, on the sexiest river cruise yet. We’ll take you on a magnificent 8 day adventure in the fabled Sea, where the days are long and nights aboard are hot, hot, hot. We’ll cruise from stunning Vienna through the incredible Budapest. Aug 24-31st 2019 – Are you on the luxurious list?